Every year H.I.S. participates in the RNZ newspaper project, which gives our Grade 9 and 10 German Language and Literature class the opportunity not only to read and discuss the paper for six weeks during their German lessons, but also to write articles themselves. The best articles are published in an annual RNZ supplement.
In today‘s edition of the Rhein-Neckar-Zeitung,, H.I.S. students are, once again, superbly well represented, with no less than 10 articles! And, for the second year running, H.I.S. have won the second prize – this time not just once, but twice!
The joint second prize goes to Vedikaa Mukherjee for her article on slow fashion, and to the German Language Acquisition class for their article on cultural differences and quirky customs.
The other published H.I.S. journalists are:
– Caera and Ella, with an article on an inspiring paratriathlete
– Luisa, with her interview with the artist Larissa Ermakova
– Ava, with an interview with the artist Anna Baer
– Zara, with an interview with the musician Dominik Baer
– Emily, with an uplifting article on the ‚Ministry of Happiness‘
– Quentin and Raffaele, with a report on their visit to the Tutankhamun-Exhibition in Mannheim
– Marlon and Moritz, with an article on pets during lockdown
The RNZ have also published a selection of the reflections the students wrote at the end of the project.
Considering that dozens of Heidelberg schools and hundreds of students participate in this project, this is a great success for our students, and testament to their commitment.